About Me

My photo
Tribes Alehouse & Grill ~ Mokena and Tinley Park, Illinois, United States
Hey, my name is Niall and I own the Tribes Alehouses in Mokena and Tinley Park, IL. I am an avid fan of good food, craft beer, mead and wine and truly believe there is a world where everything can co-exist. In my opinion that world is located in the South suburbs of Chicago! So swing by for a beer, burger or just to say hello to our friends and co-workers. We are not a chain, so enjoy knowing that we all work really hard to ensure you have the best time possible when you come to our little Alehouses! We constantly host special events and specialty tappings, please keep an eye on our website and follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the most current updates of whats going on!

Monday, January 21, 2013

The Writing is on the Wall...


I really love the way we decorated our two locations; we worked very hard to give them a nice, comfortable as well as inviting feel. From the rich oak color of the tables and chairs; to the earth tones of the walls and even to the various bric-a-brac that adorns our walls; everything about the décor of Tribes Alehouse & Grill is intended to make you, my very dear and loyal patron, comfortable.
I am especially proud of the art that currently decorates our walls and by art I am referring to the chalk boards that list our various brewers and specials. These are all hand crafted, painstakingly so, over hours and hours of labor. Even more pleasing, these have been created by a number of our very own staff members; and as I am sure you will agree; they are worthy of a hoity-toity art-house!
Which brings me to my little rant for the day…the creation of these boards are filled not only with colored powder dust, but love, passion and enormous effort as well as talent. It always pains me deeply to see oblivious people leaning against them, smearing the chalk or even worse wiping it clean. Last winter, I watched in horror as some young man in a knitted cap lean his head against the board and then proceed to rock his head back and forth.  A little perturbed, I approached the young man and asked him to please sit forward or at the very least, stop leaning his head against the art. He looked at me with actual disdain as he sat up straighter; as if I just asked him to do the most difficult thing in the world.
There are some, it seems, that have lost the basic respect for the property they are using; and yes, while you are in one of our locations; you are using our tables, chairs, stools, walls, etc. Would you expect anyone who came into your home to treat it with any less respect, as if it were their own? I don’t think so and I really do feel it is common courtesy to treat a restaurant or bar (no matter where you go) with the same kind of respect that you would your own home.
Which by the way, I am quite sure you would NEVER carve graffiti into your own dining room table. Would you? Then why on earth would anyone feel it was in any way shape or form, justifiable to carve graffiti into one of our tables? Don’t get me started about the state of the restroom either. Really, how hard is it to make it into the center of the bowl?
I love our customers, I really do! All I ask is please treat the facility with the same respect that you would treat your own home; but with your shoes still on when you walk in the door. So come on in, enjoy the ambiance  enjoy the art and above all, please enjoy a nice meal or a finely crafted brew!

No comments:

Post a Comment