About Me

My photo
Tribes Alehouse & Grill ~ Mokena and Tinley Park, Illinois, United States
Hey, my name is Niall and I own the Tribes Alehouses in Mokena and Tinley Park, IL. I am an avid fan of good food, craft beer, mead and wine and truly believe there is a world where everything can co-exist. In my opinion that world is located in the South suburbs of Chicago! So swing by for a beer, burger or just to say hello to our friends and co-workers. We are not a chain, so enjoy knowing that we all work really hard to ensure you have the best time possible when you come to our little Alehouses! We constantly host special events and specialty tappings, please keep an eye on our website and follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the most current updates of whats going on!

Friday, January 11, 2013

A Priest and A Rabbi Walk into The Bar…..


As a publican, I believe I have seen it all (nearly all at least), from the sublime to the extreme, all walks of life eventually make their way into one of my establishments. Halloween is always an entertaining time of year for just about any Hop Peddler; the masks seem to come off a lot more than they are placed on; if you get my meaning!  I think that is a post for another day, closer to Fall! We are actually closer to Spring when you think about it and having just lived through another series of Holidays, I am looking forward to it!
 So…anyhoo…a Priest and a Rabbi walk into the bar and park themselves in the corner high top table, the one near the electronic jukebox. I say electronic jukebox because it plays streamed music; there are no CDs or even MP3s stored on it – it’s actually pretty cool – it even has an app for the iPhone or Android that allows you to select, pay for and play music right to the jukebox! If you haven’t tried it yet, you should!
Ok, back to the story; a Priest and a Rabbi walk into the bar and find a resting spot in the front corner of the bar next to the aforementioned jukebox. At this point I don’t know they are a Priest and a Rabbi, after all, they were dressed in civilian clothes. Ha. I guess that makes it sound like they belong to some paramilitary outfit rather than two fine religious organizations. You rather might think they were superheroes in their civilian clothes, the uniform of their denomination hidden discreetly under their garments, waiting for the call to leap forward and save a soul! I digress yet again.
SO…a Priest and a Rabbi walk into the bar and find a spot in the corner (blah, blah..mentioned…mentioned) where they place an order for a couple of brews.  At this point, I am still unaware they are a Priest and a Rabbi. The Priest, a stately older gentleman looking distinguished with thick locks of gray (yeah, I am graying and I do think it looks distinguished!)  orders a Monk's Cafe Flemish Sour Ale and the irony of that is not lost on me! The Rabbi, a much younger fellow, looking as if he should be on a college football team rather than a cleric (wait…do Rabbis actually perform clerical work?), orders a very nice North Coast Old Rasputin Imperial Stout, another one that the irony is not lost! Now, to how I became aware that they were a Priest and a Rabbi!
It was a busy night, so as usual; I offer to help deliver some pints to the tables. Martina, never being one to refuse help (she is good, very attentive to her customers!) asks if I would deliver these two brews to the corner table top. Being an experienced Hop Peddler, I always engage in a wee bit of conversation with my customers. This is how I came to know that a Priest and a Rabbi walked into the bar!
HA! How many of you thought this was going to be an off color joke!

No comments:

Post a Comment